I’ve created two new bookmarklets to help you send and favorite pages to Twitter without ever leaving the page you’re on. I built them because they fit how I like to use Twitter and I’d like to share them with you as you may have similar tastes.
There are two things that have always frustrated me when publishing to Twitter.
- If a page doesn’t have a share or Tweet button on it, there’s a series of steps you need to take to share the page on Twitter. Although it isn’t very time consuming, it’s more work than it should be.
- I like to favorite a lot of pages so I can reference or share them in the future. Favoriting a page on Twitter is difficult if you didn’t find it from another Tweet. delicious is great for this (and I do use it http://delicious.com/cwills) but I like to have my favorites available in Twitter so they’re easier to share. I also don’t like having them spread out all over place (Twitter, delicious, Google Reader, etc.). Storing all of my favorites in Twitter helps me narrow this down to 2 places.
To use these two bookmarklets all you have to do is the following:
- Firefox: Go to View -> Toolbars -> Bookmarks Toolbar. Drag the link to the toolbar.
- Internet Explore: Right click on the link and save it as a favorite
- Safari: View -> Show bookmarks bar. Drag the link to the toolbar
That’s it. Just click on the favorite or bookmark in your browser to use them.
There are 2 different bookmarklets. One for favoriting a page to Twitter and one for posting a tweet. When you favorite a page using Fav-to-Twitter, a tweet is sent from your account and that tweet is also favorited in Twitter.
Please add your comments below with your feedback. Additional features will be coming soon.